The pneumatic closure of the electrode group generates a higher clamping force resulting in a lower consumption of electrodes, and after a series of tests it was verified that the length of the electrodes was tripled, a result we have:
1. lower consumption of elecrodes;
2. lower utilization of the workforce for changing the electrodes;
3. reduced downtime for replacement of the electrodes.
With more space to make equipment changes, the operator can work more easily and therefore faster and as a result there is less downtime and utilization of the workforce.
The presence of a pneumatic cylinder pressure acts directly on the levers guarantees:
1. a constant pressure, then better quality of welding;
2. a simple adjustment of the lever pressure by acting directly on the pneumatic panel;
3. the ability to change the value of the second pressure acting directly on the pneumatic panel.
The motor with inverter replaces the mechanical parts that were subject to wear, and has consequently a longer life.